The Coös County Director Network is a group of Directors, all from Coös County Child Care Centers and Head Start Programs. These centers/programs are committed to ensuring all children experience high quality early childhood learning environments in child care, preschool settings, and at home.
As the Director Network moves forward in Phase II of its work (or goals) we continue thinking about where we are, where we are going, and how we will get there. This updated strategic plan allows us to celebrate our past, while advancing our mission during the quickly changing landscape of early childhood education. We continually strive to raise the level of expertise of early childhood professionals in licensed programs within Coös County by providing: professional development, targeted training, evidence-based practices, curriculum, screenings, and assessments.
- Strengthen LEADERSHIP CAPACITIES
- We support the development of competent early childhood leaders in the North Country that are committed to sustaining high quality programming and business practices.
- Strengthen THE EARLY CHILDHOOD WORKFORCE
- We recognize that the more knowledgeable and skilled the early educator, the better the outcomes are for children.
- Strengthen & BUILD SUSTAINABILITY OF CHILDCARE CENTERS
- We actively work towards meeting the challenges of building sustainable systems through integrated solutions with community stakeholders that are focused on the short- and long-term perspectives.
- Strengthen CURRICULUM & ASSESSMENT
- We understand using evidence-based practices raises the quality of early childhood programming in Coös County.
- Strengthen CHILDREN’S SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL WELLBEING
- We appreciate the importance of social and emotional skills in living a happy, productive life.
- Strengthen FAMILY & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- We value the essential role that family and community play in helping children develop to their fullest potential.